KAD "Type B" Big Disc 6 Pot Calipers Kit has 265x20mm discs is a no-compromise front brake setup for the 13" wheeled Minis. The 6 pot calipers combine super stiff yet lightweight caliper bodies along with big pad areas for consistent, controllable and powerful braking performance.
Special features include different sized pistons to prevent uneven brake pad wear.
The 6 pots are a competition orientated brake upgrade as the calipers are not fitted with dust seals. They are not recommended for year-round road use unless constant maintenance is undertaken.
The calipers are CNC machined from HE15 (2014) extruded billets. Stainless steel pistons are fitted and the fluid feed in from a single 3/8 UNF fluid port is then fitted (same size as a standard Mini). Stainless steel bolts, bleed screws and split pins are used throughout.
2 Brake disc option available:
- Fixed Disc - recommended for road use and low maintenance.
- Floating Discs - these are self centralising discs float on a bespoke bell. This eliminates unwanted disc judder in a race car allowing unhindered expansion and contraction of the disc. This prolongs brake disc and pad life.
The ultimate in quality.
Set includes -
- 2x Billet Alloy 6 Pot Brake Caliper
- 2x 265x20mm Brake Discs with fixed or floating bobbins mounted on Aluminium Bells
- Brake Pad Set of your choice (Mintex M1144 or Ferodo DS3000)