KAD Alloy Flywheel and Backplate Combination
Our KAD Alloy Flywheel and Backplates are an essential fitment for any tuned engine. Often steel flywheels will friction weld themselves to the steel crank, resulting in expensive damage to the crank taper, this is especially true with high revving engines. We have spent many attempts in selecting the correct taper dimensions, material and heat treatment to avoid our flywheels from suffering this problem.
This flywheel is CNC machined from 7075T6 grade aluminium alloy which gives them the strength to handle big power whilst remaining light enough to allow fast engine acceleration. Both organic and sintered clutch plates can be used with orange or grey diaphragm clutch covers.
The flywheel is supplied with ring gears to suit either later pre-engaged or early Bendix type starter motors. Please select from the options above.
- Weight: flywheel with ring gear 2.8kg
- Backplate Weight: 0.8kg
- CNC machined from 7075T6 alloy
- The flywheel has sintered steel centre which is replaceable and reduces the tendency to fret on crank compared with steel flywheels when used with EN40B cranks
- Flywheel ring gear suits either pre-engaged or Bendix type starter
- Can be used with either fibre or sintered clutch plates
Both our flywheel and backplate are supplied with bolt-on friction linings which allow user replacement if wear occurs. Both organic and sintered clutch plates can be used with orange or grey diaphragm clutch covers.
Available in two ring gear options. Please select correct type from the drop-down menu above.